Gamma Knife Check is the only commercial FDA cleared independent dose verification software for Gamma Knife® treatments. Our software is fully compatible with the Gamma Knife model 4 units, Perfexion® units, and the newly-released Gamma Knife Icon. Regardless of what type of Gamma Knife unit you have, Gamma Knife Check can be a valuable tool for your facility.
The Gamma Knife Check software is easy to set up and use, with an intuitive point-and-click interface. Plan data may be imported from the Treatment Planning Protocol report from GammaPlan (for GammaPlan versions 9.0 and older) or by setting up a direct read-only data connection to the GammaPlan treatment planning system. Importing plan data is quick and easy, minimizing the amount of input required by the user. Calculations are fast, accurate, and reliable. In addition, Gamma Knife Check calculations may be billable under CPT 77300 - this can provide an additional revenue stream that will allow the Gamma Knife Check software to pay for itself in a very short time.
New in 2016: Gamma Knife Check has added CT support! Using CT image data from the GammaPlan treatment planning system, Gamma Knife Check can use this information to re-create the skull geometry. No more need to take bubble helmet measurements!
FDA Cleared - June 2009
- Works with Gamma Knife Model 4, Perfexion, and Icon units
- Compatible with all versions of Leksell GammaPlan® versions 8.3 and newer
- Configure multiple Gamma Knife units per facility
- Easy import of patient plan data
- Import from GammaPlan .pdf protocol report (GammaPlan versions 9.0 and older)
- Import via direct link with GammaPlan treatment planning system (all versions of GammaPlan)
- Manual input of plan data
- Skull Geometry
- Use bubble helmet measurements
- NEW for 2016: CT support - Gamma Knife Check can read the CT skull geometry information and use this to re-create the 33 skull measurements.
- Graphical display of patient's skull geometry
- Shot Entry
- Software allows up to 52 shot targets (and an unlimited number of shots) per plan
- Shot information is fully customizable - ability to add, delete or edit shots
- Automatic calculation of all beamlet depths based on shot coordinates, gamma angle and skull geometry
- Reference Points
- Unlimited number of reference points can be entered
- Fully customizable - ability to add, delete or edit reference points
- Automatic warning flag if % differences are greater than the user-specified tolerance.
- Preview report on-screen before printing
- Ability to export report in several different file formats (including .pdf
This 8-minute video demonstrates how easy it is to setup Gamma Knife Check and use it to perform a second-check calculation.
Calculating dose with Gamma Knife Check is simple and easy. Once all of the information has been imported and verified, simply click the "Calculate Check Dosages" button. This will calculate the contribution from each shot to all of the reference point listed. Calculations are generally very fast, taking only seconds.
The Gamma Knife Check software allows for up to 52 shot targets, and an unlimited number of shots on each plan. All shots are fully editable, and shots can be added and deleted if desired.
Skull geometry in Gamma Knife Check uses the 33 bubble helmet measurements. These measurements can be taken manually, or Gamma Knife Check can calculate them using CT image data. The software allows editing of the skull measurements, as well as a 3D visual representation of the patient's skull geometry.