MUCheck is an independent second-check verification software package designed to validate monitor unit (MU) calculations performed by a primary radiation treatment planning system. Released in 1998, MUCheck is our first second-check software module available to the public. Many other software modules later joined the MUCheck product suite – including IMRT Check, BrachyCheck, CyberKnife Check, Gamma Knife Check, TomoCheck, and VMAT Check.
MUCheck is an excellent tool for basic photon and electron calculations, including forward plans. However, don’t let it’s simple interface fool you. This powerful software contains a variety of tools to allow you to adjust for flash, update calculation points, and make your second-check QA process a breeze! With its extensive list of features, any qualified member of your therapy department can perform calculations quickly and easily.
Please note: The features described below are for our 2D/3D calculation software. We offer additional modules for more advanced or specialized linac-based treatments. Please see IMRT Check and our new VMAT Module for additional information.
FDA Cleared – June 1998
- FDA 510(k) market cleared since 1998
- Supports photon and electron calculations
- Automatically import plan data from DICOM RT Plan file.
- Performs calculations for both photon and electron beams
- Field-in-field calculation option for forward plans and multiple segments
- Applies heterogeneity corrections, where applicable
- Several tools available to account for air in treatment field
- Provides for all types of correction factors including:
- Table attenuation
- Physical wedges
- Enhanced Dynamic Wedges (Measured or Varian Golden STT)
- Virtual wedges (Siemens)
- Off-axis corrections
- Cone inserts/cutouts
- Support for SRS and cone beam calculations
- Both SSD and SAD calculations
- Supports custom cutouts for electrons
- Multiple ways to enter blocking for irregular fields
- Supports unlimited amount of treatment machines
- Provides on-line worksheet, PDF file output, or hardcopy output for patient charts
- Multiple field calculations
- Dose point calculations
- Easy to use Elekta wedge in/wedge out calculations
- Diode calculations
- Optional field size corrections
- Optional source diode distance corrections
- Optional wedge corrections
- Min, max and expected readings