How Can Gamma Knife Check Help Your Clinic?
Gamma Knife Check is the only commercial FDA cleared independent dose verification software for Gamma Knife® treatments. AAPM TG-40 recommends that a second-check calculation be performed for all radiation treatments. Gamma Knife Check fulfills this need for Gamma Knife treatment plans. Most importantly, our software provides an additional level of dose verification to enhance your patients’ safety and help ensure that they are being correctly treated.
Which Gamma Knife Units Are Supported?
Gamma Knife Check supports the Model 4, Perfexion, and Icon units. It is also compatible with Leksell GammaPlan® versions 8.3 and newer.
Ease of Use
The Gamma Knife Check software is easy to set up and use, and users appreciate the intuitive point-and-click interface. Integration with GammaPlan treatment planning system allows users to easily import all necessary plan data, therefore reducing or eliminating the need for manual input. Users may also choose to manually enter plan data. Calculations are fast, accurate, and reliable, adding minimal time to your treatment process.
Update: Gamma Knife Check has added CT support! Using CT image data from the GammaPlan treatment planning system, Gamma Knife Check can use this information to re-create the skull geometry. No need to take bubble helmet measurements!
Potential Revenue Stream
Gamma Knife Check calculations may be billable under CPT 77300 for up to 10 shots per plan. Consequently, this can provide an additional revenue stream for your department. Note: billing codes are constantly being updated; please check with your billing expert.
Data Import from GammaPlan
- Import via direct link with GammaPlan treatment planning system (all versions of GammaPlan)
- Manual input of plan data
- Use bubble helmet measurements
- JUST ADDED: CT support – Gamma Knife Check can read the CT skull geometry information and use this to re-create the 33 skull measurements.
- Graphical display of patient’s skull geometry
- Software allows up to 52 shot targets (and an unlimited number of shots) per plan
- Users have the ability to add, delete or edit shots
- Software automatically calculates all beamlet depths based on shot coordinates, gamma angle and skull geometry
- Unlimited number of reference points can be entered
- Fully customizable – ability to add, delete or edit reference points
- Automatic warning flag if % differences are greater than the user-specified tolerance.
- Preview report on-screen before printing
- Ability to export report in several different file formats (including .pdf)
This 8-minute video demonstrates how easy it is to setup Gamma Knife Check and use it to perform a second-check calculation.
Calculating dose with Gamma Knife Check is simple and easy. Once all of the information has been imported and verified, simply click the “Calculate Check Dosages” button. This will calculate the contribution from each shot to all of the reference point listed. Calculations are generally very fast, taking only seconds.
The Gamma Knife Check software allows for up to 52 shot targets, and an unlimited number of shots on each plan. All shots are fully editable, and shots can be added and deleted if desired.
Skull geometry in Gamma Knife Check uses the 33 bubble helmet measurements. These measurements can be taken manually, or Gamma Knife Check can calculate them using CT image data. The software allows editing of the skull measurements, as well as a 3D visual representation of the patient’s skull geometry.